in the setup mode you are able to set the midi channels, enable momentary button messages, endless encoder modes, enable the sequencer, change sequencer length and set default bank colors.
to enter setup mode press down the shift button (little black one sticking out between the two encoders) while device is displaying the boot up animation.
after the initial animation you will see the pads light up displaying the current configuration.
the top right (1) green pad will save your current configuration and exit setup mode.
the three yellow buttons are the midi channels, first (3) is the buttonpad channel on which the note on and off messages are sent, also the cc messages if momentary mode is enabled. then there (4) is the controls channel on which the potentiometers and encoders send messages and finally (5) we have the sequencer channel on which the step sequencer sends messages. to avoid any mapping conflicts please use different channels for all three of them.
after pressing one of the channel buttons the button pad will update displaying the currently sellected channel lit yellow (*), pressing any of the pads will switch to that channel and return to the previous configuration menu. channels are layered out as follows
(6) is the momentary mode, white - disabled; purple - enabled. momentary mode is useful for mapping momentary switches in ableton live instead of the usual toggle switches. each button pad besides the usual note message sends also a cc 127 when pressed and cc 0 when released.
(7) is ableton encoder mode, white - disabled; purple - enabled. ableton live and traktor differ in the way they interpret rotary encoders. when ableton encoder mode is enabled ableton optimized cc messages are sent, also the encoder values are updated and displayed locally on the device. when mapping encoders please select modes: bin offset in ableton and 7Fh/01h in traktor.
(8) is the banked encoders setting, white - disabled; purple - enabled. when enabled the encoders send and react to midi messages specific to that page, where as when disabled no matter on which page you are they will keep the same mapping.
(9) enables the step sequencer, white - disabled; purple - enabled. the sequencer can be also turned on/off later through the pages menu
(10) is the sequencer length configuration. currently there are two options: white - 16 steps; purple - 32 steps.
(2) is the default bank color setup. each bank (or page) will light up the button pads to the specified value if a note on with velocity 127 is received, other velocity values will trigger different colors.
when the color setup page is loaded, the lower half (1-8) button pads represent the 8 banks, by pressing each button will cycle through all the available colors. press the top right green button (9) to save the color configuration and return to the main setup page.
whenever you feel satisfied with your configuration press the top right green button (1) , your configuration will be saved in the device memory and the device will exit the setup mode.